Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create backup job for multiple Agent

Tru_KL
Level 4
Partner Accredited

HI suppor,

1. in backup exec 2012 sp2, i already added 3 agent servers( AD1, AD2and ESXi5) and customer requested to create 1 backup job for the 3 Agents..

is it possible to create 1 backup jobs for 3 agents? please advise..

2. and i have another question- i already configured with Autoloader with 7 tapes and i want to run daily backups(daily backups included 3 agents) to different tapes as below:

Mon- Tape 1, Tue- Tape 2, Wed- Tape 3, Thu- Tape 4 , Fri- Tape 5 and Monthly - Tape 6

please advise, how to configure the tape in BE2012 to run the backup accordingly as per above. we dont want append the next day data to the same tape.

please advise for 2 questions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1. You cannot include multiple servers in the same job as of now. However, we are getting this ability back in BE 2012 R2. The registrations for the 2012 R2 Beta have opened.

https://symbeta.symantec.com/callout/?callid=082D2918EC924087AA1F7FB1AE66B8E6

2. You need to setup a Media Set with Append = 12 hrs (this is only an example) and Overwrite Protection = as per requirement. The First job that runs would be set to Overwrite Media and the 2 other jobs would be set to Append to Media.This would ensure that a New tape is used every day.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1. You cannot include multiple servers in the same job as of now. However, we are getting this ability back in BE 2012 R2. The registrations for the 2012 R2 Beta have opened.

https://symbeta.symantec.com/callout/?callid=082D2918EC924087AA1F7FB1AE66B8E6

2. You need to setup a Media Set with Append = 12 hrs (this is only an example) and Overwrite Protection = as per requirement. The First job that runs would be set to Overwrite Media and the 2 other jobs would be set to Append to Media.This would ensure that a New tape is used every day.

Tru_KL
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks alot Jaydeep

VReddy
Level 2

Hi All,

I've a site collection uder that I'm created one subsite.

unexpetly deleted subsite, i need to backup deleted subsite.

I was checked recycle bin, in that  subsite is not there...

I've taken back up "content database" !!!

How to Restore subsite through content database?

could you please help me if any one know solution!!

thanks!!!!