cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto find hidden backup jobs with disc storage usage?

JuergenB
   VIP   

Hi,

i need to find backup jobs that must be hidden and are not shown in the GUI.

I can´t delete a disc storage, because of some jobs still having backups to this disc.
So there must be a way to find these jobs or to display the jobs.

if i select the disc storage / jobs tab it doesn´t show anything.

any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

There could be some corrupted entries you would have to use SQl Stuido to edit the database to remove the entry of disk storage so that you can recreate it again

Would be good if you open a case with symantec so that they can help you with same

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

There could be some corrupted entries you would have to use SQl Stuido to edit the database to remove the entry of disk storage so that you can recreate it again

Would be good if you open a case with symantec so that they can help you with same

Thanks

Colin_Weaver

The disk storage--> jobs tab only shows you utility jobs (Catalog/Inventory/eject/export etc)

You need to find Backup Jobs that use that storage so need to be looking in the Backup and Restore section

Colin_Weaver

More info:

Go to Backup and Restore screen

Enable Groups (if not enabled already)

Select the All Servers Group

Use the View all Jobs button on the tool/ribbon bar (recent hotfixes needed)

Make sure you can see the Storage Column and use this to find the jobs using that disk storage device

Note: You may have to expand any multi-stage job definitions (using the black arrows next to the definition names) to see all of the jobs that might be using the storage. 

Note 2: I considered adding this as an edit to my  previous entry, but was not sure that the OP would receive an e-mail update if I did that.

JuergenB
   VIP   

Hi Colin,

there´s no job using the specific disc storage disc 002 !!

All jobs use either Tape, disc storage 004 or robotic library.

JuergenB
   VIP   

I had a call from symantec support, after removing some table entries from the BEDB and removing some folder from the discs the disc storage is history.

So i hope that this wil not happen again.

Thanks.