cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Disaster Recovery CD not Booting.

Tien_Jo_So
Not applicable
Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to make an IDR bootable CD. I have a good backup with no errors. I've used the IDR creation Wizard to create an .idr file and an .iso bootable image. My server doesn't have a CD-Writer so I'm using my PC with Bexec console installed to create the image. I burn the image with Roxio EASY CD Creator. I see that the CD created has the files I need but it won't boot. Just a black screen with a blinking cursor on the left. Can I create .iso images from my PC even though BEXEC isn't installed on it. What image software are you talking about that comes with BEXEC?
Do I need diskettes to boot first? Does anybody have instructions on how to do this on Version 10. I've only seen version 8.

Thanks,

Tien Jo
2 REPLIES 2

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- You do not need to have Backup Exec installed on the machine to create the bootable image. You can create it using the Backup Exec console.

- Are you performing a remote or a local IDR?
- What is teh version of your OS?
- For detailed steps please refer your admin manual.

- If the problem persists, do revert.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Scott_Filler
Level 3
Make sure that you are writing an ISO image to CD and not just the files.
Also, I just learned that BE v10 does not support CD writing within the BE console. You need to use 3rd party software. I have used Nero with success.