cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR NICs

Eric_Lanyon
Level 4
Partner
I am running BEWS 11d 7170 build.  I have a Windows 2000 SP4 Server with an Intel Pro 100VM onboard NIC.  I installed the RAWS on this Windows 2000 machine.  I am able to do a complete backup with no errors.  I then created my IDR CD.  I booted off the IDR CD and told it to do an automatic recovery.  It then shows a list of machines I can restore.  I click on Install Network.and it shows the NIC correctly but with no attached CAT5 cable.  It's prompting me to include additional drivers.  I thought IDR would have everything it would need....
7 REPLIES 7

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Eric,
What version of Backup Exec are you running?
If you are running 6235, what hotfixes do you have?
Patty

Eric_Lanyon
Level 4
Partner
My Media Server is running Backup Exec for Windows Servers 11d Build 7170 with no hotfixes as none are available.  My clients are running Remote Agent for Windows Servers 11d Build 7170.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Eric,

There is a defect on certain types of TOE NICS, here is a technote with the list:

The hotfix for 6235 has been released, yet the one for 7170 has not.
If your NIC is one listed, please subscribe to the technote and when the hotfix is released you will be notified.

If it is not one on the list, please let me know.

Thanks.
Patty

Eric_Lanyon
Level 4
Partner
This is not a TOE card.  This is a plain onboard Intel Pro 100 VM NIC.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Eric,

When you get to the Network Configuration, you will see the Nic card with a red x on it, then once the drivers are installed the red x should go away.
Then at that point you should be able to configure your IP address by selecting configure.
At what point are you seeing a problem?

Patty

Eric_Lanyon
Level 4
Partner
It sits at the red X and says to load the drivers.  It shows what the NIC is correctly and I know it's attached to the network because just prior to updating IDR and creating the idr.iso file i did a full backup of the machine. 

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Eric,

I am not going to be able to tell you why this is happening, for that you would need to call in so Support can gather logs and your DR file.

I can however tell you how to get around it.

When you are at that screen you can press ALT+Z , a command prompt will open.
At this point you would either want to have a floppy with the Driver setup.exe to install from or have the drivers located on the HD, since at this point the drives have not yet been formatted.

Hope this helps you.

Patty