cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR bootable CD creation

Not applicable
BE version: 10.0 rev 5484 SP1

I am trying to create bootable IDR CDs with my media server. I have a CD-R drive in the server and am able to burn CDs using just the Windows interface. When running the IDR wizard I do not get the option to "Select a CD Writer to create the CD with" as mentioned in the documentation.

If a just create the image and try to burn it on my local machine, the image is not bootable.

how do I get BE to give the option to burn the CD on the server?

Any help is appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Alex_Tetyukhin
Level 4
http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=44728&tstart=0

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Please ensure the following:-

Backup Exec includes support for burning the disaster recovery CD image to supported CD-R and CD-RW drives. If a CD-R or CD-RW drive is not supported by
this component, use a third party ISO 9660-compliant application. You should verify
the image created by third-party CD burning software before you need it for disaster
recovery.

â—† CD-R is the recommended media for creating a bootable CD image. If CD-RW media
is used, the CD drive must have MultiRead ability; otherwise, inconsistent behavior
may occur when running IDR. Test the media with the CD drive before relying on it
for disaster recovery.

â—† A blank, writable or rewritable CD is required if the VERITAS IDR CD writing feature is used.

â—† To allow IDR to automatically partition the boot and system drives for a Windows
2000 computer during recovery and to restore any utility partitions that existed, select the option Let IDR automatically partition the boot and system drive during restore when creating recovery media for a computer.

If you do not select this option, then before starting the recovery process, reinstall any
utility partitions by using the OEM-supplied installation media. During the recovery,
manually repartition and reformat the boot and system drives.

VERITAS Backup Exec - Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option 971 in Administrative Manual.

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269777.htm

About Creating and Updating Recovery Media
IDR
â—† Prior to a disaster, test the bootable CD to ensure that the computer can boot from it.

We hope this helps.