cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR not working on media server

Alex_S_rensen
Level 3
I'm a BackExec 9.1 user and trying to check if my IDR boot CD's work. I have IBM x235 servers with either ServeRAID-6i og LSI Ultra320 SCSI to boot from. Using W2K3. Remote agents perform fine IDR/ASR restore as long I supply the correct SCSI driver from a floppy. But the media server fails during the IDR process just after the choisemenu network or local attached device, fails with a blue screen "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with a reference to scsichng.sys file. The updated storport.sys from MS has been applied before BE 9.1 is installed, alle BE 9.1 patched relevant between 1 and 39 is installed. I use standalone drive, changersupport not installed. I use build 4691.1 and have tryed both without and with driverrelease 44 installed, no difference.
BackupExec 10, same problem.
Anyone expirienced this ? Anyone know if this is IBM related or general Veritas Problem. Veritas Support doen't seem to know the answer.
4 REPLIES 4

Nimai_Sood
Level 3
Hi,

Thank your for posting your query,

Please refer to the following Tech notes:

Document ID: 267202
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267202

Document ID: 267154
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267154

It's clearly mentioned that "The Intelligent Disaster Recover Option (IDR) is not currently supported on computers using the Microsoft StorPort driver."

We hope this information helps, if you have any other questions please respond to the post and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Regards

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

If you are trying to do an IDR of an IBM server which has Storport driver, the answer given by the Forum participant is correct.

Please feel free to revert if you have any other querries.

Regards,

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply