cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify files to delete in disk backup

john_Adams
Not applicable
Hi,

I use the an external HD for backup. I need to selectively delete backup files - before the program actually recycle them.

In the folder all I see is a large number of 1Gb files, but no way of identifying which belong to which backup.

I read the help / web information. I says to move files to Retired media, then delete from HD if so required.

But how do I identify which files belong to which backup job?
2 REPLIES 2

Fedro_Ponce_de_
Level 3
Partner Accredited
I have almost the same problem. Some times a backup job will fail leaving some files used but with corrupted data. Is there a way to automate the retrieval of the BKF files used by a particular backup and to send them to retired media? Or even to scratch media so they can be reused on next backup?
Additionally, Is there a way to find if a particular file is being used by more than one backup job? Is there a report for this?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello John

According to you how old are those backup files ?
Can you perform Inventory and Catalog operations ?
If you think that those files are very old and are not important for you, you may delete it. But please note that once those files are deleted,you will not be able to restore.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.