cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information 58063

Iv_Michael
Level 2
Hi!
Windows Server 2003/Exchange Server 2003 (with backup of mailboxes and public folders), HP DAT72i, selection approx 35G.
After tape are ejected (automatically) I have Message 58063 in logs:
Backup Exec Alert: Media Remove
(Server: "SERVER1") (Job: "Backup Server") Please remove the media from the drive.

The job still active (10 hours, max. job time is set to 5 hours).
If I'm insert new tape - nothing changes.
If I'm trying to cancel job - status "cancel pending" signalled more than 2 hours, but job still active.
What can I do?Message was edited by:
7 REPLIES 7

cool_raj
Level 3
Hi,

You need to respond to the "Media Remove" alert.

To configure Backup Exec to automatically respond to these alerts, refer to the following technote :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/192055

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
You may refer to the technote link given by cool_raj as well as follow the technote give below and the related documents. This would be helpful.

Event ID <58063>: "Backup Exec Alert: Media Remove" is reported during or after a job completes

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/252430.htm

Dipti_Chinchole
Level 6
To cancel a job which shows 'cancel pending', please follow these suggestions:

1. Stop all Backup exec services. For this double click on green arrow on status bar that indicates 'all services are running'.
2. In the Backup Exec Services Manager dialog box click on Stop All Services.
3. Click OK in the Re-configuration services manager dialog box.
4. Click on start all services in the Backup exec Services Manager.
5. CLick OK in the re-configuration services manager.

Event ID 58063 is generated by windows to indicate VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) ejected media from the storage device. It indicates that the tape is full.

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

Kindly let us know if the issue persists.

Varsha
Level 6
We presume that the issue resolved.

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
No reply from user.

Charles_J__Yera
Level 2
I recently added an external HP DAT72 drive and am experiencing the same error. I've looked at 252430 and followed the steps in 192055 and it doesn't help. I've also tried running the job with and without "eject media after job" set. I have another drive, it existed prior to installing the DAT72, and I don't have any problems. The job completes and ejects the tape.

My environment:
Backup Exec for Windows 9.1
Windows 2000 Server SP4