Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Remote Agent on w2k8 R2 Core

Peter_Abrahamss
Level 2
Accredited
Hi

I try to install the remote agent for Backupexec12.5 on a w2k8 R2 Core server. From the server the installations fails and when I run the setup /rawsx64: -s from the core server noting happens? Were is the installation log filed saved?
How do I install the agent on a core server? I alsow tried the setupaax64.cmd file but the same problem.

The server is a DC server.

Regards
Peter
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Please note that Windows 2008 R2 is not supported with backup Exec 12.5 . Please check following software compatibility list:
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/307063.pdf

Although, you may check the install log located in c:\program data\symantec\backup exec\logs folder to check if any error message.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Please note that Windows 2008 R2 is not supported with backup Exec 12.5 . Please check following software compatibility list:
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/307063.pdf

Although, you may check the install log located in c:\program data\symantec\backup exec\logs folder to check if any error message.

Thanks

Peter_Abrahamss
Level 2
Accredited
Hi

Do you know when 2008 R2 will be supported?

I found the log files but the information was not so simple to read. I get error - "Installation failed with error 1603"
This error code seems to reflex many problems?

I have installed the remote agent on others R2 servers. Any ide why it not works this time. Any ide what to try next?

Regards
Peter

Colin_Weaver
Limited Remote Agent support fot 2008 R2 will be provided voa a Hotfix which is due for release mid to late October. This support wil only cover functionality that is already present in Wondows 2008 (pre R2)

Full support for Media Server installation and new functionality will be provided as part of the BE 2010 release

FreemanRU
Not applicable

Same error. And after appling hotfix http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/331998.htm too.
Error in bkupinst.htm:
DIFXAPP: ERROR - The operating system you are running on is not supported. Only Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows codenamed Longhorn are supported.

Error in strpimon.log In same time:
ERROR - 1603: Failed to create process as user.

File \RAWSX64\Updates\RAWSx642213RHF331998.msp are in place.