cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to implement Backup Exec DLO in a mixed environment with Active Directory and Workgroup?

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Is it possible to implement Backup Exec DLO in a mixed environment with Active Directory and Workgroup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.  For the users in the workgroup, they would still need domain ids for DLO to work.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH57327

Note that DLO is EOL in BE 2012.  See the SCL below

BE 2012 SCL

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.  For the users in the workgroup, they would still need domain ids for DLO to work.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH57327

Note that DLO is EOL in BE 2012.  See the SCL below

BE 2012 SCL

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Wouldn't call it EOL exactly as it would be a separate offering now :)

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am just following the SCL's terminology.

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Do I are indicating that DLO is not supported symantec Backup Exec 2012?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

DLO will not be a part of BE 2012 as per the SCL, but if VJware is correct, you can purchase it seperately.

VJware
Level 6

Yep, DLO would be no longer part of Backup Exec & Netbackup....it would be featured as a separate product being released as Symantec DLO 7.0

Colin_Weaver

For info anyone currentlty actively using DLO and considering an upgrade to BE 2012 will need to upgrade DLO first. I am not 100% sure if upgrade packages (DLO 7 + BE 2012 licenses) will be available, you may have to check with your reseller or our customer care teams once Backup Exec 2012 is on general availability

Anyone who installed DLO by accident but not actively using it will need to remove it and some environments may need the latest updates for 2010 to allow the removal of DLO.