cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues running a catalog on robotic library slots.

Frank_Koscinski
Level 2

Hello all, I am currently running Backup Exec 2014 with a Tandberg Robotic Library as a tape backup solution. At the end of the months I send out a set of tapes off site. I recently tried running an inventory and catalog after pulling the tapes to update the slots as to what is in there and what isn't. Backup exec is asking me to insert one of the tapes that are now off site and will not complete the catalog job. Is there any way to get around this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I recently tried running an inventory and catalog after pulling the tapes to update the slots as to what is in there and what isn't.

To update the status of the library, an inventory is sufficient.  There is no need to do a catalog.  If you are using barcode labels, then a scan would be preferred over inventory.

View solution in original post

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As suggested above, a scan or an inventory is sufficient to update the slots.

And if you plan to run a "catalog" where data spans across multiple tapes & if you don't have all the tapes present, uncheck this option "Request all media in the sequence for catalog operations" from Configuration & Settings -> Backup Exec Settings -> Catalog.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I recently tried running an inventory and catalog after pulling the tapes to update the slots as to what is in there and what isn't.

To update the status of the library, an inventory is sufficient.  There is no need to do a catalog.  If you are using barcode labels, then a scan would be preferred over inventory.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As suggested above, a scan or an inventory is sufficient to update the slots.

And if you plan to run a "catalog" where data spans across multiple tapes & if you don't have all the tapes present, uncheck this option "Request all media in the sequence for catalog operations" from Configuration & Settings -> Backup Exec Settings -> Catalog.