cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with SDR. Please HELP! Support is no help.

nmatveeev
Level 4

First of all Symantec needs to seriously reconsider their approach to tech support. Not going to get into it, I'm sure most of you have shared my pain.

Here is the issue I am having.

I created a SDR disk (from an iso created in BE 2012) for a specific machine with a recent backup (yesterday).

When I boot using the SDR disk:
1) I usually have to restart 1-2 times before I can even connect to the Backup Exec Server. Now you can tell me its my settings but then why does it work after however many restarts. Thats not really the major issue.

Major issue

2) When I try to do a recover I get to the part where it displays the original volume layout and I get an error telling me that I have a mismatch. It tells me to check "Erase hard disks and recreate the volumes shown above" to get around the problem. HOWEVER when i check it I get the same exact message, as if it doesn't realize that I have it checked. Whats worse is when I go to "Advanced Disk Configuration" it does not give me an option to do ANYTHING. It just shows me the partitions without actually allowing me to make any changes.

I'm completely stuck at #2.

Is this a known issue? Do I need to do some magic un-intuitive trick to make it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nmatveeev
Level 4

Issue resolved.

For some odd reason the SDR disk did not load the Raid controller. Once I loaded that everything started working normal. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

nmatveeev
Level 4

Issue resolved.

For some odd reason the SDR disk did not load the Raid controller. Once I loaded that everything started working normal.