cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Service Crashes

Zodie_Zodiacal
Level 3
How come my backup exec 9.1 sp2 job service crashes. it crashes after about 40GB's have been remotly backed up from a remote windows 2003 server? im running backup exec on windows 2003 also. if i have a smaller job that completes successfully the job service randomly crashes after that and the next job won't start.
10 REPLIES 10

Zodie_Zodiacal
Level 3
here is the event log:
The application, C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\bengine.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 05/26/2005 @ 12:29:33.582 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C83002E (ntdll!RtlAllocateHeap)

Zodie_Zodiacal
Level 3
here is another event log:
Reporting queued error: faulting application bengine.exe, version 9.1.4691.42, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x0003002e.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

To isolate the issue, disable anti-virus software and verify the result.

Are there any other applications running at the same time of the bakup? If so then stop it and check the results.

Also as mentioned by you, the service crashes after backing about 40GB, please split this job into two and check if it gives you the same problem.

Are there any specific alerts prompted before crashing of this service ?

Kindly update.

Regards,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Zodie_Zodiacal
Level 3
i don't have an anti virus running on my server. i have tried smaller backups and the job still fails. when the server crashs before my job has completed i get this error in the job log:
Final error: 0xa000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.

Final error category: Server Errors

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What are you backing up in this job? Perform the following steps: In backup exec, go to the tab 'tools-options-preferences'. If the option 'display progress indicators during a backup job' is checked, uncheck that option and then run the backup.

In case you are backing up Exchange the M: drive, uncheck that option during tha bckup and verify the results.
Do update us on the above information.
In case we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Zodie_Zodiacal
Level 3
I am backing up Exchange server 2003, files, open files, system state and my complete C:

i have been playing around and i seems to only crash when i backup my whole C:. if i don't backup the whole drive it doesn't seem to crash. does it help to backup the entire C: to restore a system? or is system state really all i need? also could this problem get worse down the road if i just ignore it?

Zodie_Zodiacal
Level 3
i just tried backing up a differnt remote machine and it crashed the Job Service again. the remote machine i backed up this time was only an xp workstation. i backed up c: and system state. it got to 5GB's and crashed.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

It seems that job engine service is crashing.
-- set up the job engine service in the debug mode .
-- Also run the MADC component checker and check if the mismatched files are there.

Download MDAC component checker using the following link and then run it.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&DisplayLang=en

Also refer the following technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266181

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Zodie_Zodiacal
Level 3
how do i "-- set up the job engine service in the debug mode ."?

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

To put in the job engine service and remote agent service in debug mode please see the technote below:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/254212

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.