cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job not finishing and can't cancel it

Kenji_C
Level 3
A couple days ago backups were going fine. However after one weekend, the backup proccess seems to be not working right now. The job does not finish no matter how long you leave it for. When you hit cancel it will say cancel pending until you restart it. I have repaired the program. I have done all the updates (SP4 now). I have made a new test job and that does work. So I have manage to narrow it down, however I still don't know what the root problem is. I installed new drivers, still no success. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

I got a job to cancel by stopping the services and I got this error

e0008821 - Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting. No user action is required.

Anyone have any solutions or something I could try?

2 REPLIES 2

ailsharad
Level 3
Hi Kenji C ,

check the alerts tab you might be having a alert for media remove ,click on OK and the job will finish.
click on tools ->alert and categories ->select media remove and the set the alert to be automatically answered the will finish and will not stay in running state.

Thanks & Regards
Sharad Ail

mjaarons
Level 2
All --

I am having a similar problem with Backup Exec 12 rev 1364 (latest update via LiveUpdate).  This is on a W2K3 R2 (SP2) server with all the latest MS updates.

Jobs reach 100% of backup complete, but do not begin the verify process.   The only solution is to effectively reboot the server (yuk).

No Alerts pending that need a response, no messages in the Event Viewer.

The backup device is a Tanberg TS400 LTO (DLT drive via SCSI).

This is a very frustrating problem considering that the server is really plain vanilla.

Anyone every actually have and solve this issue?  I've seen lots of posts about jobs not finishing, but couldn't find one solution -- just lots of pontificating.

TIA

Michael