cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Jobs not running simultaneously on Central Admin Server.

Mark_Earlam
Not applicable
We are in the process of upgrading all of out BE v9 servers to V10 and installing a new Central Admin Server.

I've cleared all jobs from the managed media servers and configured them to use the central server. They have all shown in the Central Server Media servers tab.

I've created all new backup selection lists and all new backup jobs (1 for every managed backup server), and have configured the jobs to use the device on the relevant managed media backup server and forced it to use the managed backup server as the "Media Server" during the job creation.

We have many backup servers globally and our backup policy states that all backups will run at 10pm local time. (not sure if the time you schedule on the Central admin server is local time on the remote server or the Admin server?)

But that aside, I've configured them to all fire at 10pm. But they all sit there saying "ready" but they don't run.

Now I could understand this if they were all looking to use the same resource/tape drive/media server.... but they are all hard coded to use separate drives/media servers.

Am I missing something simple here or will the Central Admin server not allow simultaneous running of jobs on multiple managed media servers?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Regards
Mark
0 REPLIES 0