cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs sceduled to run during the night run many times.

Agust
Level 5

Dear reader,

I have backup exec 12.5 and the jobs I am working with are sceduled to rund outside office hours (after 17:00 until 6:59 the next day) but some of the jobs seem to be run more than once during the night. I have read somewhere that I need to clear or clean the job queue but I have not seen any info on how to do this.

I have also had some instances of jobs being marked as recovered. The nights the recovered jobs appeared the backup server engine crashed.

So if anybody knows how to clear the job queue or has any other ideas about thow to go about this please let me know.

Best regards,
Agust.

7 REPLIES 7

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Do you have any error handling rules specified? Also, check schedule, for restart time interval. Make sure it is not set, otherwise the job may restart at intervals mentioned there.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

Agust
Level 5
There is one error handling rule: Recovered Jobs.
In the schedule there is no restart time interval.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
It appears, the jobs are getting to recovered status, because of service crashes. Check event logs for crashes of services during the nightly backup. Does it happen at a specific byte count in the job? Analyse the events around the time of crash for more information.

Thanks

Agust
Level 5

Well now I was trying to add a hp-unix server to the list of backups but the symantec backup exec server crashed with the following eventlog info.

Adamm Database Event: Handle Failure!
Error = ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE
Server = "NTAFRITA1"
Active Node = ""
Instance = "BkupExec"
Database = "BEDB"
Connection String = "DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=ntafrita1\BkupExec;DATABASE=BEDB;App=BEWS PVL"

\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\.
Number of backup sets added to the database are 0.
Number of backup sets deleted from the database are 0.
Size of the catalog folder is 101.95 MB.
Size of data processed in the catalog files during synchronization is 1.0554 MB.
Number of noncatalog files in the catalog folder are 0.
For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
This appears to be a database issue. Try following document to fix any issues with database:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/318243

Thanks

Agust
Level 5

Once the backups that failed tonigth have been retried I will go through the process described in the document you pointed to.

Thank you for your support.

annu
Not applicable
Time and Attendance - Crown Computing, the UK's leading software solutions workforce planning, Time and Attendance, and Time Accounting companies