Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lan-Free Backup With BE 2012

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello every one

I have question regarding Backup Exec 2012 Lan-Free Backup.

I got  6 ESX Host , all of my VM's are on EMC SAN and connected by FC to my ESX Hosts.

• What licenses (Agent & Option) I need to backup my servers using FC Network?
  • What type of storage i can Use for my Backup exec server(Backup Storage)? can it be on another SAN Storage?
  • After backing up my servers using Lan-Free Solution can i do Granular Recovery's? (Exchange -AD -SQL...)
  • Can i Use only ADBO Option to do a lan-free backup?

Thank you guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Don't look for the term LAN-free, do some searches for "SAN Transport" (via internet and , and in the admin guide)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gunni75
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello mehrdad heydari,

ADBO is now only included in the ESO-Licence. No more seperatly.
If you use the Backup-Exec Agent to Backup, there is always a LAN Backup !
Check for a seperate Backup-LAN for no influence in the productive LAN.
Synthetic backup only avaiable for Backup Fileservice. No Support for DB like SQL or Exchange or AD.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

ADBO supports off-host backups of files, Exchange and SQL databases.  However, it does not support VM backups. Hence, if you choose to use off-host backups, then your VM's would be backed up as if they are physical machines and the data will flow from the machine to the media server over the LAN.

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

thank you ,  To clarify things what you saying is i dont need Enterprtise Server Option ( SAN Shared Storage option) to do a Lan-Free Backup(i want to backup my ESX Hosts without using my LAN Network "1000baseT - Copper Cable" and all backup up data go trough my FC SAN Network )?

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Where Can I find Documents regarding Lan-Free Backup Solution for vmWare Virtualized Environments?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Don't look for the term LAN-free, do some searches for "SAN Transport" (via internet and , and in the admin guide)