cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License error

Chimwemwe
Level 4

Guys i am having this error below starting from today when i want to run the backup.

"The job failed with the following error: Before you can back up this source, you must purchase and install a license for the appropriate Backup Exec agent. See the Job Log for details". 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You have posted the same screenshot. I understand that Backup Exec product is licensed. But the license for backing up Applications and Databases is not installed.

So you have to figure out what application/database is selected in that failing backup job and accordingly add the license.

One more point.... I do not see Agent for Windows installed. So if you are backing up any remote server then it will fail as the trail period has expired.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6

As the message states, do you have the appropriate license installed ?

For egs, if you are backing up Exchange IS, you should have the Agent for Applications & Databases...

If you are backing up normal file data on a Windows server, you should have a Agent for Windows license...

Sush---
Level 6

Hello there,

In the Job log it may specify on which resourse it is failing. Check the same. Post the job log if possible.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Chimwemwe
Level 4

Guys when i check to License Info this is what i am get ...see the attachement

Sush---
Level 6

From the screenshot you can see that Agent for Applications and Database is missing.

So if yoou had selected any application databases like SQL, or Exchange or Sharepoint then they got backed up for 60 days. Now the Trial period is expired so it gives the error.

What are the resources selected for backups in the job for which its failing??

Thanks,

-Sush...

Chimwemwe
Level 4

Have the license screenshot..... the backup has been running ok without problem..

It has just started today

Sush---
Level 6

You have posted the same screenshot. I understand that Backup Exec product is licensed. But the license for backing up Applications and Databases is not installed.

So you have to figure out what application/database is selected in that failing backup job and accordingly add the license.

One more point.... I do not see Agent for Windows installed. So if you are backing up any remote server then it will fail as the trail period has expired.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Chimwemwe
Level 4

Sush...

I have found the reason ....i didn't install one License for Application and Database as you said.

Thanks very much...