cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Backup Exec 2012

RufinoBR
Level 3

Hi guys, 

I'm new here and need help to fix a big trouble here. My backup just stopped and I really don't know what to do.

First of all, sorry for my terrible English. If I'm doing something wrong, tell and I'll try to do the right.

I bought a Backup Exec 2012 and install, configure (I think i do this in the right way) and do my backup without any problems until now. Now it's saying to me that I have to buy and install a license for Backup Exec Agent for Windows. I really don't understand it. 

In my company here, I install the Backup Exec 2012 in Server A and I was doing backup of the Server B. Do I need to install it on Server B? 

Thanks for any reply or anything else. Thanks a lot,

Carefully,  

Renan.

Ps: I attach an image.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
To backup another server, Server B, you need to buy and install an Agent for Windows System license. The license is installed on the server where you install BE, Server A.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

pkh
   VIP    Certified
To backup another server, Server B, you need to buy and install an Agent for Windows System license. The license is installed on the server where you install BE, Server A.

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

there are a few ways to install the AWS (Agent for Windows System) on the remote server (server B).

the most common and reccommended way is to do an Automated Push install from the Backup Exec Console on server A.

In the console click on the Bacup and Restore tab < Select Add < select Microsoft Windows computer - "Next"  select  Browse / Add a server name(s)  "Next"

Then Select/Add a System logon account . "Next"

click on "Upgrade the Symantec Backup Exec Agent for windows to the current version automatically" 

click Install to begin setup.

see How to install the Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Windows (a.k.a. Remote Agent, AWS. RAWS)

RufinoBR
Level 3

Thanks for the reply!

lmosla, it's already done. But when i try to do the backup, its says to me that i have to buy a new license. 
I just can do the backup to the server that I instaled the Backup Exec 2012 ?

RufinoBR
Level 3

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah. I had some years ago, the BE 10d, and I dont know exactly but It was doing the same thing. Server A concentrates everything of Servers B, C, D...

If I uninstall it and reinstall, will It work ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
No. You cannot renew the trial period by reinstalling

RufinoBR
Level 3

Sorry for the bad explanation,

I try to say to uninstall from Server A and reinstall on Server B. Will It ?

RufinoBR
Level 3

And how much is It ? Where I find It ?

Sorry for being so boring, are there any documentation that says it ? To demonstrate to my boss ... 

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes. BE comes with an AWS. license to backup the fever that BE is loaded on

pkh
   VIP    Certified
.... Then you cannot backup Server A

pkh
   VIP    Certified
To know the price of an AWS license you need to speak to either your reseller or Symantec Licencing Department