Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Erase Job Status as Dispatched

Nightbird_143
Level 3

Dear All ,

We are having issue for TS2900

Some of Ultrinum LTP 5 Cartridge showing the End Marker Unreadable.

This might be becasue of Last Job was not put mark on tape.

i try forruning Long Erase Job to clean the  content and might be we have good luck.

Now Long Erase Job Status is  Dispatched .

need help wht it mean by dispatched.

what should i do to remove the error end marker unreable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You don't have to erase the tape. All you need to do is to overwrite the tape. If the job complete successfully then the "end marker unreadable" status would be gone.

*EDIT*

You either wait for the tape to become recyclable or associate it with the scratch media set so that it can be overwritten immediately

*END EDIT*

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You don't have to erase the tape. All you need to do is to overwrite the tape. If the job complete successfully then the "end marker unreadable" status would be gone.

*EDIT*

You either wait for the tape to become recyclable or associate it with the scratch media set so that it can be overwritten immediately

*END EDIT*

Nightbird_143
Level 3

Thanks  and it works 

but  Job Completed with Exceptions 

Error is  "Failed to load the configuration xml file. C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\SERVER2008\CatalogProcessTemporaryFolder\{55B3DA04-089A-4B77-8C7F-2F2E51F67AF7}\p2v.xml "

any idea to this?

Nightbird_143
Level 3

Hello Pkh,

well as you said it worked in 1 tape 

but i getting error of insert overwrite media for job.

i try to run long erase job and it was successful  bt when i run my job it's throwing alert message and also end marker unreadable 

any idea about it ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...for the "End marker unreadable" issue you might want to refer to the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH37091

Thanks!