cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual backup succeeds but Automated backup job fails "Canceled by user"

CAEP
Level 2

After we changed Admin account passwords our automated backups have failed, but when I manually run the backup "now" it succeeds.  The Account credentials all clear and I've drilled the new password thru the credentail wizard and tested them.  It may be the verification part of the automated job but how do I fix it?  Backup Exec 12.5 sp4 on Win2k8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CAEP
Level 2

I solved my own problem, the BE services were being stopped at 3am every night and interrupting the nightly backups.  A light went off in my head when I realized 3am is the same time our server does another task.  It just so coincided that our problems started when we changed the admin password so I thought it was related.  Thanks to all.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In the BE console go to Tools -backup services -service credentials - put the credentials that you are using for the BE services and once this is done the password would be updated.

Also in the properties of the job - resource credentials - make sure the account that you are using here have the right password and test it to make sure it is successful.

CAEP
Level 2

Thanks for the quick response Sazz, but I already did that.  The BE services stop every night at 3am.  It turns out it has nothing to do with the job or verification, the job runs fine.  It's just the BE services stop for no reason and the error just says the services were stopped by user.  Is there a cached password or something I'm missing?  Short of uninstalling and reinstalling BE 12.5 is there anything else I can do?

CAEP
Level 2

I solved my own problem, the BE services were being stopped at 3am every night and interrupting the nightly backups.  A light went off in my head when I realized 3am is the same time our server does another task.  It just so coincided that our problems started when we changed the admin password so I thought it was related.  Thanks to all.