cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Question

Bob_Hysell
Level 2
I have 5 backup to disk folders labeled Monday-Friday. The Monday-Wednesday and the Friday folder each shows two media in them. Each week they are overwritten with no problem. My Thursday folder shows 13 media in it. Each week it will write to a different media in this folder until all 13 are filled then it will start overwriting the oldest media in this folder. I would like this folder to only have two media in it like the other folders and just overwrite every week. If I right-click on the media in the Thursday folder the delete is greyed out. I tried moving some of the media to a different media set, which it does, but the media is still in my Thursday folder.
Could you tell me how to get this media out of this folder.
2 REPLIES 2

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
You should be able to move the B2D files to retired media then delete them from there. This will take them out of usage in Backup Exec. The physical .bkf files will remain behind in the folder itself and you can either delete them or move them to some other location. You could still inventory these files and reuse or restore from them if necessary.

Bob_Hysell
Level 2
Russ,
Thanks for the answer. That did the trick. One other question though. If I delete all of these files and for some reason and in the future Backup Exec needs more media, will the program just grab the extra space and create more media or will I have to somehow allocate it?
This program was already set up when I started working here and I really know very little about it.
Again thanks for the reply.