cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media label

Arpine_Yeganyan
Level 4
Way my media label change its label during the backup?
4 REPLIES 4

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
I don't know. What was the label and to what did it change into ? If you try the 'rename' or 'label media' option does the label then still change ?

Regards
A van der Boom

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What type of backup are you running? Is it an overwrite job? In case you have relabled the media, the new label is not actually written to the media until an overwrite operation is performed. For more information, refer to the following technote:

Title: How to label media or rename media labels
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273539

In case of further doubts on this issue, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Arpine_Yeganyan
Level 4
My media label was 333 (it was assigned by me) and it has been changed to 4MM000037 during the backup. It was a overwrite job, but some data are stored under the media label 111 and some are stored in the media label 4MM000037 and I cannot restore data from the media 111 because media label has been changed.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Does the problem regarding the media label persist? Had you renamed the media before running the job?

Revert if the issue persists still. You can perform some tests and check if the name is changed after a rename operation or a label opearation.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.