cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate BE12D to a New Server?

Scott_Vaughan
Level 2

Hi Guys I need to migrate my Backup Exec 12D from one server to another.

I have installed 12D on the new server, but cant find much information about migrating between two differently named servers.

Any help?

4 REPLIES 4

USRES
Level 2

I, too, need this info. I can only find info in the KB or forums related to old version upgrading to a new one. I simply want to move my installation to a new, better server, keeping all my settings, configuration, history, etc.

I've tried the 'copy configuration' tool in BEUtility.exe, but it fails to import. Something about a procedure call error.

I was able to import the catalogs, but that doesn't do me much good when the media sets and histories are non-existent.

I need a detailed procedure for moveing BE 12.5 to a new server.

USRES

Thrawn
Level 3

Have you tried looking at making a fresh copy of your .bak files, in the \data directory and then using BEUTility on the new server to restore from the backup? Transfers just about everything.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

USRES
Level 2

As I mentioned, copying the configuration failed with a 'remote procedure call failed' error. I tried several time, several different ways. Trial mode, after entering serial, using different accounts. I just could not get it to work. Also, importing the catalogs did not work correctly either.

I ended up just rebuilding everything from scratch, which was very tedious, but I got through it.

I think some effort needs to be put into this area, because for me, moving to a new servers was far more work than it should be.

Shane