cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Veritas 8.5 3572

ST_Patrick_s
Level 3
   I want to migrate the whole database and all datas from live Server Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 3572 to another server with  same software.

Could anyone help me out?
8 REPLIES 8

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As long as the new server is running Windows 2000 (W2K3 requires v9.0.4454 or later), just shut down all BackupExec services on the old server, copy the entire ..\Veritas\BackupExec directory tree to the new server, then install on top of the copied code and you should be good to go

ST_Patrick_s
Level 3
I bet my problem is not close define!!!

We use now a Windows NT 4.0 Server with Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 build 3572.
We want to Migrate to a second Active Directory Server (old Primary Domain Controller) Windows 2003 Server with Symantec Backup Exec 11d! how can we do this?

The point is: We want to save our hole database, job definition from a live Server Windows NT 4.0 with Bakckup Exec 8.5 to a live Client Windows 2000 with Backup Exec 8.5 (demo mode)

It will not work by copy the hole tree c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt... if we do this all Job Definition are lost.
There must be a wizard tool like beutility.exe or bemind. The Copyprocess will not fix our problem i supose.

Is there anybody who can help out?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sorry, guess I misunderstood your post

See http://support.veritas.com/docs/263927  to use the BEMIG utility

ST_Patrick_s
Level 3
It works i migrate all of my Job definition to a local mashine.

Thanks so much for your link. Great discription Smiley Very Happy

Wiesenbauer
Level 2
Does anybody know where I can get the information of the article 263927, mentioned above? This page is no longer available, but I need to migrate from 8.6 to 10

Thanks

Wiesenbauer

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Does anybody know where I can get the information of the article 263927, mentioned above? This page is no longer available, but I need to migrate from 8.6 to 10

As long as this is on the same machine

grab the v9.1 download and install that in DEMO mode (no serial) on top of your v8
then grab the v10d download and install that on top of v9

Wiesenbauer
Level 2
And what to do, if I would like to set up a new machine with XP instead of continue using the old NT4 Workstation?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
And what to do, if I would like to set up a new machine with XP instead of continue using the old NT4 Workstation?

This is not directly supported.  If you have a spare machine, you could set it up as NT, migrate the install to that upgrade to XP, then migrate that to your new media server.

This is not guaranteed to work, but should get the database onto XP

You could also try just copying the database to the new media server and using the BEMIG utility