cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTbackup catalog in backupexec

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Hi all,

I have problem to catalog NTbackup tape was backed up in windows2003, now we have windows 2008 with backupexec 12.5, and it show me this error when I try to catalog tape:

An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs.

Error code: E0000904.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Windows Server 2008 (first revision), or R2? If R2, BE 12.5 isn't supported on that and you will have to upgrade to 2010 R3...

...otherwise, rename the Catalogs folder to something like Catalogs.old after stopping the BE services. Start them up again, and recatalog the tape.

Once you've restored what you need too, stop the BE services, delete the Catalogs folder that was newly created, and then rename the Catalogs.old folder back to Catalogs before starting up the BE services.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Windows Server 2008 (first revision), or R2? If R2, BE 12.5 isn't supported on that and you will have to upgrade to 2010 R3...

...otherwise, rename the Catalogs folder to something like Catalogs.old after stopping the BE services. Start them up again, and recatalog the tape.

Once you've restored what you need too, stop the BE services, delete the Catalogs folder that was newly created, and then rename the Catalogs.old folder back to Catalogs before starting up the BE services.

Thanks!

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Hi Craig,

You sad that BE12.5 is not supported in windows 2008, or tape backed up in NTbackup is not supported catalog in backupexec?

Thanks.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Craig has mentioned that BE12.5 as media server on Win 2008R2 is not supported.

BE12.5 as media server on Win 2008 is supported.