cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore user data to different server

blimts
Not applicable

BE 12.5. Windows file server, e.g. FS1, died. I'm trying to do a user data restore to a local disk on the BE server. I've selected redirect to go to the E: drive. The job status keeps swtiching from Queue to Loading Media. When I try to test the Resource Credentials, it fails - since the server FS1 is not available. Is there something that I'm missing?

B.

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check if there is an alert which needs to be responded to under the Alerts tab...

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Nothing to worry about the Resource credentials error here as the original machine is not available and since you are using Redirect Restore it should not matter.

The job status switching to Loading media suggests that the Tape or B2D where the backups are present is not available. When the job is active double click on the job and check if it shows the name of the media its looking for and then check if that media is available.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Tmy_70
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Your user must also be a local administrator on the machine where you are going to restore

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Your user must also be a local administrator 

What user?  The only account involved that needs to be a Local Admin is the BESA and if it is not, then BE wouldn't be functioning correctly in the first place, would it?

Nicenavin
Level 4
Certified

Just run the catalog and find out is there any other media were used for that respective backup,

Some times the restore will request set of tapes which were used while backup.