cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need download location

WorldBuilder
Level 4

Hello all,

I am the new IT Manager for a local non-profit.  I have a license for Backup Exec 11d which was purchased by my predescessor.  But I do not have the media for it.  I have searched, but am unable to find a download location.  Can someone please direct me to where I can download Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers, please?

Thanks!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Don't know why Symantec made it so hard to find v11d, when v10d and previous installs are readily available on the download site

I used to have a page bookmarked, but it's gone now

Try here https://fileconnect.symantec.com/licenselogin.jsp?localeStr=en_US , but no promises

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Don't know why Symantec made it so hard to find v11d, when v10d and previous installs are readily available on the download site

I used to have a page bookmarked, but it's gone now

Try here https://fileconnect.symantec.com/licenselogin.jsp?localeStr=en_US , but no promises

WorldBuilder
Level 4

Hello Ken,

Thanks!  That did it.  Please excuse my ignorance as I've never worked with Backup Exec before.  I am doanloading "BEWS_11D.7170_32BIT_VERSION.zip" for my Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition.  There are several other choices.  Some are obviously not what I need (referencing Linux, for example).  But what are these other files?

1. BESROpt703_AllWin_Multilingual_Prod.zip     Version 7.0.3 Size 317,606,758
  2. BESR703_AllWin_Multilingual_Prod.zip     Version 7.0.3 Size 317,610,220
  3. BESR703_AllWin_English_SrdOnly.zip     Version 7.0.3 Size 297,122,052
  4. BEWS_11D_MANAGEMENT_PACK_MSFT_OPERATIONS_MGR.zip Version 11d Size 871,53

Thanks!

Chris

Message Edited by WorldBuilder on 10-17-2008 11:34 AM

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

BESRO and BESR refer to the BackupExec System Recovery package.  Basically a BareMetal restore version of Backup Exec that supports different hardware

The last would be if you wanted to integrate BackupExec with MOM