cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to created a weekly restore job that runs from tape, not sure how

lokiju
Level 3
For audit at my work, I need to create a weekly automatic restore job that restores from TAPE, not disk.
I can get a restore job set up to run weekly but the problem is it seems I must select the restore date to restore from and can't seem to figure out how to select a specific file I want to restore and then allow the software to pick the latest date and tape.
I'm looking to schedule it in a way that it'd restore data from a job that runs daily but the restore would only run once a week and would always run well after that daily job finished but before the media it was written to was ejected.

I cannot leave the same tape in there for this, it must restore data from the latest backup but the file that needs to be restored will always be the same.

This is on Backup Exec 12.5 SP3 running on a Windows Server 2008 standard 64bit.
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As it is currently written, you cannot do this.  the media to be restored from must exist in the catalog at the time that the job is created.

(Well you could use BEMCMD and a whole lot of scriptin, but it would be a royal pain)

We the user community have been asking since v8.0 (that I am aware of) for the ability to create a job that basically says

restore file abc.xyz from the latest occurence of the media set  MMMMMMMMM

I believe that there is a suggestion on the Ideas area of this forum (top menu bar, far right)  Head on over and give it a thumbs up.  If enough others do to, we may see this in a future version