Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netware Agent Half working

Steve_Mathys
Level 2
Hi All,

Here is my problem.

I had a Windows 2003 64 bits server Hosting Backup exec 12.5 and with the only purpose of doing backups.
One of the server I need to backup is a Netware 6 file server.
Until recently I have been able to connect to the remote agent and get my data backed up. But suddently I have an "Access Denied" error message.
I used to have this message in the credential selection but still was able to browse the server and the backups where working perfectly.

So I was thinking that I might suddenly need the novell client to connect to it, and as there is no novell client for WIn2K3 x64 I upgraded my server to Windows 2008 x64 and installed the novell client.

Now back on Backup exec I still cannot connect to the agent and browse the file system, but  I can browser the directory services.

I am logged with a domain admin account and have tried several others to be sure that it wasn't a username and password problem.
As a novell name I am using the full novell name.

I am perfectly able to map drives with windows to this server.

Do you have a fix for the agent or maybe and idea of  workaround that could work for me ?

Thanks for your help and ideas.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve_Mathys
Level 2
Hi Chris,

This as been done already before and didn't give any success.
But by chance we discovered that one of the config file (slp.cfg) was missing on the server and fixing that problem, fixed our backup problem.

Thanks for the debug tip anyway and for the fast answer.

Cheers,

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited
Steve,

First of all, you do not need the Novell client installed on the media server.

If you can browse and make selections for NDS/eDirectory then clearly you can make a connection to the NetWare server. I assume you have your logon account configured using the .username.context format? For example, .admin.symantec

It sounds like a possible problem with the NetWare TSA to me. I would try this on the NetWare server:

1. BESTOP (unloads the remote agent)
2. UNLOAD TSAFS
3. LOAD TSAFS
4. BESTART -ZL (this loads the agent into debug mode)

Now try and browse / make selections - does it work? If not, check the remote agent debug log (sys:\bkupexec\log\ndmpd.log) for errors.

Steve_Mathys
Level 2
Hi Chris,

This as been done already before and didn't give any success.
But by chance we discovered that one of the config file (slp.cfg) was missing on the server and fixing that problem, fixed our backup problem.

Thanks for the debug tip anyway and for the fast answer.

Cheers,

Steve