cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest Data Domain build 5.4.0.8-404909 breaks some duplicate jobs

Moltron1
Level 5
Hello - I've got 3 Data Domains, DD Boost, and Backup Exec 2012 - latest updates. Most jobs are server-side dedupe with the OST plugin, but I have some which are client-side dedupe. I just upgraded to the latest DD OS and it broke all of my optimized duplication jobs. After speaking with EMC, I downloaded the restricted release OST plugin and used that. This fixed most of my problems. Still - my client-side dedupe servers still have an issue with duplicating jobs. If I switch them to server side, and do new backups, it works. Otherwise I get "The job failed with the following error: An unknown error has occurred.". Before, errors were reported on the Data Domain's message log, however for the client-side, no errors are reported on the DD. Seems like the DD does not even see these jobs start. Anyone upgrade their DD and have to go through this?
3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is your version of the DD OS listed on the BE 2012 HCL?

Thanks!

Moltron1
Level 5
I don't see that it even lists specific OS versions in there, just models and OST Plugin versions, which are shown to be supported. The tech I am working with at EMC told me others are now reporting this problem. Sounds like a bug or a problem with how BE talks to the DD.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If the OS is very new, then it is unlikely that it would be tested by Symantec and as such, it would be unsupported.  You should log a formal support case with Symantec for them to verify its support status and for them to take a look at the problem.  This problem cannot be solved on this forum.