cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification switches itself off

Mark_newing
Level 2
I support 10 servers all located at different sites which are set up to run automatically every evening and, upon completion, e-mail me the status of the backup with a log file.

However, this morning I didn't receive a single e-mail from any of the servers and when I checked the e-mail notification on all of them had been switched off. I am sure this is more than coincidence but the only thing that changed was the daylight savings that occured over the weekend. I am running versions 9 and 10 and have installed all relevant patches and service packs.

Did anyone else have this problem and if so what was the solution?
2 REPLIES 2

Ric_Turner
Level 4
Hi Mark

Mine has also done exactly the same this morning. I am running v10.1 revision 5629 with SP1 installed. This has been the same across a dozen servers and has only happened last night/this morning.

A_Lansink
Level 3
Hi guys,

this is a very old bug, it's been in veritas from version 9 and until now is not solved.
I don't think veritas thinks that this is important. I on the other hand am stuck every half year correcting the notification settings on 50 different servers.

this bug appears with daylight saving time change.
veritas suggests to just open de job properties and select the notification settings again.

Please symantec, fix this very anoying bug