cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications is reset

Nico_Buma
Level 2

I have a notification for my backup schedule, but every few months (I don't know the precise amount of months; probably every 4 or 6 months) the notification boxes become unchecked. After which I don't get any notifications until I check the boxes again.

Why do the notification checkboxes get unchecked? It's pretty annoying to not get mails and then having to check the boxes again, so I can receive mails again.

I have Veritas Backup Exec v. 10.0 rev. 5458 on one backup server and Symantec Backup Exec 10d v. 10.1 rev. 5629 on my other backup server. Both have this problem and stopped on the same day.

Is there a setting which unchecks the box every few months?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

troyhead
Not applicable

I also had the notifications configured to send and e-mail when the job completes, which works well for a while.  Suddenly, no more e-mails come from those jobs.  When I go look at the notification setup for each job, my recipient is UNCHECKED.  I know for sure it was checked before.

I have over 75 Backup Exec media servers out there, so it is really annoying when the notifications are not coming in as they should.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

Back in BEWS 9 there was an issue where the notifications would be cleared at the switchover for daylight savings.  It was reported fixed in 9.1... Are the problems occuring corresponding to daylight savings? If still occurring with later versions, maybe a call to tech support is warranted.

Russ