cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offsite backup configuration problem

CoolPix
Level 3
I have a Dell TL2000 tape library and I have partitioned it with Backup Exec so that the slot 22 will be used for weekly offsite backup job.

I have a "Offsite backup policy 1" that uses 15 different selection lists to back up 15 different servers with copy method on every saturday night. I have six different LTO 3 tapes for these offsite backups and I should  always have a full backup of the data offsite for six weeks. The offsite backup policy tapes belong to a media set with 2 weeks OPP and infinite append. I also have tried to change the media set to 0 hours OPP. The D2D media set for offsite job has 0 hours OPP with 2 days append period.

The policy begins with D2D job and it finishes without errors. Then there is a duplicate template that should duplicate the offsite backups from disk to tape. When the duplicate job begins it seems that there is no way to complete. The duplicate job does not begin until I manually move the media to scratch media. And after the duplicate job starts every new D2D job to be duplicated overwrites the tape. The data size is approximately 250 GB. How can I get it to work so that all of the D2D jobs will be duplicated to tape without overwriting?

I also wonder is it possible to add another offsite policy with AOFO that back up three servers and these backups will be duplicated to the same tape than the "Offsite backup policy 1"?
0 REPLIES 0