cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One backup offsite from a group of servers backups.

jpmichelino
Level 4
Partner

Hello
I have a query to make about backup offsite in BE2012.
I have configured a D2D2T backup in some servers. I need put off site a tape with a duplication of that server backups. Is posible configured a only one duplication job to a tape from a groups of that server backups?
I hope you can understand my question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.  You can duplicate any backup set that is present in BE.  That is no problem.  The only thing is that you have to define your duplicate job manually every time.  You cannot define it once and have it repeated week after week, or month after month.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. You can duplicate a bunch of backups at once.  See my blog below

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/be-2012-duplicating-multiple-backup-sets

jpmichelino
Level 4
Partner

Thank Pkh. But I need configure an task to make, for example:
Every first sunday: A full backup from the servers (every server will have his job configured)
During the first week (from monday to saturday): a diferential backup from the servers (every server had his own job)
Every second sunday: duplicate all the backups to tape and make a new full backup from the servers (every server had his own job)
Between the second week (from monday to saturday): a diferential backup from the servers (every server had his own job)
[...]
Every last sunday of month: duplicate with only one job the last full backups of all servers into a tape.

This last jobs I need configur it in a only one jobs.

I thought make it configurating a new jobs that will make a full backup of all servers to tape, but i would like to know if I can use the previous full backups.
It is posible?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.  You can duplicate any backup set that is present in BE.  That is no problem.  The only thing is that you have to define your duplicate job manually every time.  You cannot define it once and have it repeated week after week, or month after month.

jpmichelino
Level 4
Partner

Thank Pkh.