cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Rules To Duplicate Backupsets Can Be Used With The Duplicate Backup Sets Job Type

Lukas_Cada
Level 2
Hello,
the message bellow was posted by Richard Arsenian on 11-28-2007 06:51 PM to the Backup Exec 10.x forum but it was never replied. As I have the same problem I would like to know if there is any progress from Symantec side and if they will solve this problem.

In older articles I have read that it was reported to Symantec and they classified it as "cosmetic issue". But it was in time of the BE 10.x - now there is the BE 11d which I use of course with the latest patches and it behaves in the same way still...

Of course, it can be solved by exceptions in schedule where the conflict occures but it is totally silly - there is IMHO no good reason why the rule for such conflict handling cannot be applied also to the duplicate jobs...

Thanks for any info to this. Have a nice times.
Regards, Lukas Cada.

>>>

hello,

I am getting the above message when i am trying to configure a "if start times conflict <job> supersedes <job> template"..

Basically this particular policy contains the following templates:
1. Daily inc backup - backup to disk
2. Weekly full backup - backup to disk
3. scheduled daily backup duplicate to tape - backup to tape
4. scheduled weekly backup duplicate to tape - backup to tape
5. scheduled monthly backup duplicate to tape - backup to tape

what i am trying to acheive is have the monthly backup duplicate supersede the weekly backup duplicate when it attempts to run on the last friday of the month.

note, i have only configured 1 full backup to disk job (weekly) and i intend on duplicating this to the weekly tapes or monthly when that runs

Is this possible or am i going about this wrong ?

cheers
Richard

<<<

[Edit: Shortened Subject]

Message Edited by LakeRat on 02-17-2008 06:53 PM
0 REPLIES 0