cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only see some mailbox in First Storage group

Chinada
Level 2
We have Exchange 2007 and BackupExec 12.5, both have latest updates.

Service account have Domain Admin and Exchange permission.

Backup Exchange 2007 First Storage Group was successfully without any error. But when we try to restore some mailbox, It only show up 1/3 mailbox, other 2/3 mailbox did not show up. Any suggestion with this?

Regards,
5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

What patch level are you at? Have you looked at loading the latest patches if not at the latest level?

Laters!

Chinada
Level 2
We have 12.5 REV2213 + SP3.

When I search Symantec BackupExec Update, we could not see 12,5+SP3 product. The latest version id 12.5+SP2.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15047

"Click here to run live update" shows all update has been installed.

This exchnage 2007 updated from Exchange 2003 two years ago. As backup successfully every time and we never tried to restore backup before.

When I restore the db to RSG, it restore all 360GB data and did not show any error messages.

In BackupExec restore, we only see 1/3 user's mailbox, it is around 100GB. Why other 2/3 user's mailbox did not show up?

Regards,

Chinada
Level 2
Anybody can help?

I reintsall SP3 of Backupexec 12.5, push agint to server, and reboot it. But it still does not work. When I restore mailbox, only 1/3 users's mailbox show up that same as before. 

We have select backup all maibox. \\server\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group|*.* / SUBDIR.

Installed Updates:
Service Pack3
Hotfix 336087

click "Click here to run LiveUpdate", it shows all updates have been installed.

This Exchange 2007 updated from 2003 two years ago which means Exchange 2007 backup never works!!! And BackupExec never show error and warning!!

Anyboy knows how to open BackupExec support case? I checked our product which do not have support as we updated from BackupExec 8.5 many years ago.

Thanks,

gbecca
Level 2
We had a similar issue where Hotfix 329071 for x64 was installed and immediately all my mailbox levels were gone from the restore window.  This hotfix is incorporated into Backup Exec 12.5 SP3.  I am not installing SP3 because of this. 

I guess you'd have to uninstall SP3 (if possible) and reinstall SP2.  Since it had not been released at the point i had the issue, all we had to do was uninstall the hotfix.  All was fine. 

Maybe this is not the same problem you are having, since all of my mailbox levels were gone. 
Good Luck!

molotov
Level 4
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/295131.htm
May be this helps