cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite protection level seems unchangeable in 11d eval

Bevan_Barry
Level 2
Is there any way of changing this? I'd like to set it to NONE so the media gets overwritten.
5 REPLIES 5

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
You need to change it at the media set level not the media level

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

You could create a new media set in the Media tab in backup Exec and configure the Overwrite protection settings.

Bevan_Barry
Level 2
Hi Asma,
Thanks for your response! Let me give you a little more detail on this issue I'm experiencing. I tried you suggestion before I even posted the question. Here is what happens when I attempt to create a new media set.

The media set properties dialog box pops up. On the general tab there is a field to name the media set so I gave it the name TEST and below that is the creation date 02/01/2007 14:46:42. Now a little further down there is the media set periods section. For the overwrite protection period area, I've got NONE which is grayed out and Infinite - Don't Allow Overwrite (other options here are Hours, Days, Weeks and Years). In the append area, NONE is also greyed out with all the other options the same as before with the exception of Infinite - Allow Append which is selected.

The default media set created on installation of 11d had these exact settings as well. The backups are still appending to previous backup and not overwriting as I'd like it to.

What else can I try to get this working?

Thanks in advance,
Bevan

Bevan_Barry
Level 2
Hi Philip,
Thanks for your response! I have been trying to make the changes at the media set level with no JOY whatsoever. Got any other suggestions bro??

Thanks much,
Bevan

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are you logged on as an Administrator when this happens?

if so, try a database repair