cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with backing up servers on a seperate domain

Richard_Gawthro
Level 2
Veritas Backup Exec 10 (not D) is installed on a server on domain "a". We are trying to backup 5-6 servers on domain "b", both domains are on the same network. I am using a domain account that I created on "b" to push the clients, the clients push without an issue to all the servers. When I try to use the same account to specify my backup selections it is giving me a access denied error for 4 of the servers. Only 2 of 6 servers will connect. Currently the domain account on "b" has domain admin rights which is added to the local admin group on all the servers to be sure. What's interesting is the two servers it can connect to are domain "b" domain controllers it can not connect to the two IIS load balanced servers or the two SQL servers which are clustered. I tested the domain account on all the domain "b" servers and have no issues with login. If anyone has any input that would be great.

Thanks,
Rich
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Hmm

From the BackupSelections Pane, have you right clicked on the problem servers and selected "attach as" and specified the DomainB account in the format

"DomainB\AccountID"

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

With regards to the above reply please could you provide an update if the solution was useful

Thanks.

Richard_Gawthro
Level 2
Yes that's how my domain b account is saved and still no luck, I also verified that the service is running on all of the domain b servers, so I can verify, does any one know what local policies that veritas needs to function correctly? IE "Log on as a batch job"

Thanks,
Rich

Richard_Gawthro
Level 2
Well found out what it was, the client modified their local domain security policy but in doing so they removed administrators and backup operators from the allowed to backup and to restore in the group policy. Once I added them and forced a GP push onto all the servers, they came up in Veritas.