cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerVault 130T and trial version of 11d

gharouff
Level 2
I have a challenge....Currently we have Veritas 9.0, Windows NT and a PowerVault 130T on a IBM NetFinity 5000 server.
In order to purchase your 11d software package, I need to demo that it will work with the PowerVault 130T.
I have downloaded the trial version of 11d but can not get it to reconize the PowerVault 130T.  What do I need to get this to workSmiley Very Happy?
7 REPLIES 7

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
The library is supported with 11d, but NT4 is not.

So my question to you is what OS are you testing this on?

Assuming that Windows Device Manager can see the Medium changer and the tape drive (if it can not, there is a hardware issue that will need to be addressed outside of Backup Exec) here is a great technote on library issues: http://support.veritas.com/docs/255501

Patty

gharouff
Level 2
Windows 2003 SP2

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Does Device Manager see it?

gharouff
Level 2
It sees it as a unknown device

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
The medium changer should say unknown medium changer.
If it is showing as unknown device then the drivers are not loaded.

You can run tapeinst.exe to install the drivers.

gharouff
Level 2
I get a message... No devices were discovered during this session..... Now I went to your website to see if the hardware was still supported.  I went to Symantec Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers revision 7170 Readme (dated 3/28/07) and went dows to the hardware and driver section...There was another link to get the hardware list. Guess what....It took me right back to the above document...

Could you please look up to see if this hardware is supported? Also could you please see if the IBM ServerRaid controller is also supported?  If it is what is my next step?

Thanks

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
The library is supported.
Backup Exec doesn't support installing a standard library on a Raid Controller. 
I would recommend installing the OEM drivers so that Device Manager can see the device as a tape drive.  Once the OS sees it as a tape drive Backup Exec should as well.
Then you will be able to install Symantec drivers.

Hope this helps.
Patty

Message Edited by Patty McGowan on 04-20-200711:16 AM