cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Restoring Exchange Information Store/Individual Mailbox in Backup Exec 11d - Advice greatly appreciated

Paul_EFC
Level 2
Good Morning All,

I am having great difficulty in trying to find a solution to an issue I am having with Backup Exec 11d.

It goes like this - I am running BE 11d on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition. I have a daily backup job that runs each day to backup Exchange. In the backup properties I have selected the Information Store, which in turn has automatically selected the Mailbox store. I have also checked the box that allows the restore of individual mail and folders.

Now my problem is this. A user has left the org, and we need to restore their mailbox. However, when I look to my restore options, I am not able to view any options to restore the information store. There is a second backup job that runs, which backups up user data on this server, and that is fine and there to see, but so far, I have no idea where the information store is, even though the job logs state successful backups and verification.

Any ideas would be greatfully received....

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
This will help...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

I wrote, and use this and haven't had a failure since.

Paul_EFC
Level 2
I will definitely give this a try, but are you aware of any explanation as to why the IS does not appear to be available for restore ? I am just very curious, that's all.

Thanks for the help

Paul