cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with LiveUpdate on BE12.5

William-mec
Not applicable
I have just installed BE12.5 build 2213 without any problems. After restarting I ran live-update and installed Sp2, again without any problems. However, when I try to run live-update again to retrieve the 13 hot-fixes available, live-update downloads but fails to install. When troubleshooting, I have worked my way through as prompted only to stumble with the fix recommended. The problem seems to be with the file msxmls.dll. It will not register as described and when I reinstall, it installs, but the same error occurs. The only other error message I get is 0x80070005. Can anyone help with a solution? I have uninstalled, then reinstalled, but the same problem persists.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gcjv
Level 3
Try to run backup exec as administrator. Execute liveupdate via tools and liveupdate will work :)
To execute as administrator: right click and run as administrator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Could you please provide more description on the error message. I can't find any file by name msxmls.dll as that is the only detail i got from your post. Please provide the exact error message and it comes on applying which specific hotfix.

Thanks

thomas_oetteric
Level 2
i have the same error...
i tried to run the updates manually, liveupdate reports then, that the product is not installed.
i also tried to reinstall the msxml.dll the error always occurs.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please refer to tech note:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/317912

Thanks

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

As per info from site below msxml.dll is a module part of Internet Explorer 4.o or newer. The component can parse XML documents. Kindly check the link below to see the msxml.dll description. Link below also provide a free scan for msxml.dll related errors. However, read it properly if ever you'll use it.

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/msxml/

gcjv
Level 3
Try to run backup exec as administrator. Execute liveupdate via tools and liveupdate will work :)
To execute as administrator: right click and run as administrator

thomas_oetteric
Level 2
thanks for your help!

@hemaint jain
i tired this before, this didn't solve my problem

@gcjv
i run backup exec as administrator, live update will not work then i tried the service account which backupexe exec use, the live update will not work :(

any other ideas?