cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with backups data

konosova
Level 3
Dear support,

since I have been evaluating your Software VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers Version 9.1.4691.1
I run across into some problems. One of them is I'm receiving messages from DLO agent instaled on PC's such
as:

3/11/2005 11:00:00 PM -
d:\work\WINWORD\dvere_offer.doc FAILED to copy to the desktop user data folder. Object already exists -
d:\work\WINWORD\Návod k používání WETSCAN.doc FAILED to copy to the desktop user data folder. Object already exists -
d:\work\WINWORD\reklamace.doc FAILED to copy to the desktop user data folder. Object already exists -

My question is, what could be wrong? The thing that "Obect
already exists" is normal, it just should create another version of the file.
Thanks for a quick answer.

Best regards,

Andrej Konosov
IT Operation
5 REPLIES 5

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Apply Service Pack 1 from the following link:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/267180
Once Service Pack is applied, reboot the server.

Apply Hotfix 31 from the following link which is the updated version Hotfix 21:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/269608

After applying Hotfix 31 on the DLO server, upgrade the DLO agent on the client system:
To upgrade the Desktop Agent on the desktop computer

1. Exit the Desktop Agent, if it is running

2. Browse to the network server where the installation files for the Desktop Agent are stored. The default location is \\\DLOAgent.

3. Run Setup.exe

It was observed that DLO Administration service is not started on the DLO server, which is dependent on MSSQL$BKUPEXECDLO service which was also stopped. Once you have applied all the patches check to see if the services start.
Also, perform a database repair if services fail to start after applying the patches:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/268424

Hope this helps.

konosova
Level 3
Dear support,

the problem is outlasting, we have alredy installed VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 SP2 for Windows Servers. and all available updates, see list latest updates below.Should we reinstall SP1 after SP2, will it help?

Please advice.

Best regartds,
Andrej Konosov
IT Operation

Available Updates:

be4691RHF47_275354
Date: January 1, 2005 Size: 1341 KB
9.1.4691 Hotfix 47 - Exchange Mailbox Backups (Backing up Microsoft Exchange mailboxes may cause the backup job to hang) *Requires Backup Exec 9.1.4691 Service Pack 2
More...
Installed Updates:

Be4691RHF31_269746
Date: September 22, 2004 Size: 7540 KB
9.1.4691 Hotfix 31 - Desktop and Laptop Option (Multiple Issues) - *Requires VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691 Service Pack 1 and VERITAS Backup Exec 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691 Hotfix 1
More...
be4691RSP2_275247
Date: March 1, 2005 Size: 22002 KB
VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691 - Service Pack 2
More...
BE4691RHF1_264677
Date: December 15, 2003 Size: 8474 KB
9.1.4691 Hotfix 1 - Desktop and Laptop Option (Enables support for the Desktop and Laptop Option)
More...
Product: VERITAS Update, Version 9.1

No current updates are available for this product.

konosova
Level 3
Hello guys,

could you please take a look in my case?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Andrej Konosov
IT operation

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I would like to know if you have applied Hotfix 33 even if you have installed SP2 ?

Regards,

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.