cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAWS not showing in BE Server

Dave_Heinen
Level 3
I have a remote agent installed on 2003 server that was working properly until a couple of days ago. The backup job was set up to back up the system state on this machine, however the job fails with an error that it could not connect to the remote agent. If I try and create a new job for this server and browse to the server it no longer shows the system state, and the default shares are grayed out. Right clicking on the remote server and choosing properties shows that the client is installed and running, but it does not show a version. The remote server was running an older version of the client, so we tried uninstalling and reinstalling the agent with the latest version. Same results after this.
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Can you ping both ways by both name and IP address?

Is this the only Remote Server? If not, the rest are still backing up correctly?

Dave_Heinen
Level 3
yes, I can ping both ways. The problem is only with one remote agent. The rest are still working fine.

Nick_Ushio
Level 3
I had a similar problem. Go to the services mmc and look for the Backup Exec services. It may also be called Remote Agent something. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact service name. See if it disabled, for some reason when it would time out it would disable itself and would have to be manually restarted reguardless of what it was set to.

If it is disabled and re-starting it works, only for a short time you might have to yank the remote agent off that machine and redeploy it. I believe that is what I ended up having to do. I hope this helps

-Nick

Nick_Ushio
Level 3
To clarify. I suggest doing this on the remote machine. However since it is a 2 part system, you may want to double check that your services are in order on your BE Server as well.

Dave_Heinen
Level 3
After talking with support, well after getting this escalated to 2nd level we found the issue. Somewhere along the line another person had changed the NDMP port on the backup server and the rest of the remote servers to 20000/tcp. We updated this on the remote server we were having problems with and it fixed the issue.

Nick_Ushio
Level 3
Good to hear someone is having some sort of success with support. Do you have the support plan or did you find some way to get them to help you otherwise?

Dave_Heinen
Level 3
The company I work for is a reseller. The client that was having this issue wasn't having much luck with support even though they have a support contract.