cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Files after SP2 & Hot Fix Installs

Scott_Damesek
Level 2
I am running 4691 with SP2 and the latest hot fix installed. I would like to upgrade a remote server with the RANT agent. While the install procedure has update the files in the NT directory - the files in the RANT32 folder have not been revised. I cannot push the files out from the server since this is a hardened environment. The instructions say to copy the RANT32 folder - but I know that's the old rev. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

The installation files( in the RANT32) would not be updated. The remote agent will be updated by reinstalling the remote agent by copying the RANT32 folder to the remote machine and then running the setupaa.cmd on the CLI from the remote machine. check the version of the beremote.exe file on the remote server to ensure that the hotfixes and the service pack have been updated on the remote machine.

Hope it helps!

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Scott_Damesek
Level 2
If I copy the RANT32 directory over to the new server and run the CMD file, where does SETUP obtain the files to install? The remote server (where I'm running the CMD file) does not have access to the shares on the other machine.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You need access to the shares or you need to have admin rights to copy the RANT 32 folder.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Scott_Damesek
Level 2
I can burn the RANT32 files onto a CD - that is NOT the problem. After the SP2 install and the Hot Fixes (which specifically applied to the Remote Agents) - the files in the RANT32 directory are OLD. Your procedures do NOT update this directory with the most current files (either .MSI or anything similar).

Where can I obtain a copy of the RANT32 directory that reflects the most current revision of the Remote Agent Files?

Thanks.

D_M_5
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem, both with my RANT files not being updated and with getting an answer from someone who understands the question. I will rephrase the question in hopes that the message gets through.

I have a Win 2003 Server running Backup Exec 9.1. From this server I back up multiple remote Win XP Pro workstations.

I applied SP2 to my Backup Exec 9.1SP1installation, which Veritas Update indicates was successful. According to Veritas Tech Document 275247, six files in the C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\RANT folder ON THE SERVER should have been updated. However, these files have not been updated.

I cannot update the remote agents on the workstations because the files in the RANT folder ON THE SERVER are not updated.

I hope this helps, because I sure would like to have the updated RANT files with which I can update the remote agents on my workstations. Thanks!

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please go through the following technote which tells you which files should have been modified by the SP2 install.

There a certain .dll and.exe files that are replaced with newer version by this hotfix in the NT folder and the RANT folder.

If you do not see the new file versions in place of the ones mentioned please re-install the service pack since in that case it has not been successfully installed.

Additional Information :

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.