cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote License

J_D_6
Level 2
Hi

We have Backup Exec 8.6 and we have recently brought a remote license to backup another server. This license states v10. (remote cal etc..)

When i enter the license key it says it is invalid serial number?! Does this mean we cannot use this remote license for v 8.6? Our supplier failed to advise us on this.

Regards

James
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Right, you wont be able to use the 10.0 remote agent license with Backup exec 8.6. Only 8.6 remote license will be compatible with 8.6.

You can thus upgrade to 10.0 and then use the 10.0 license on the remote server. 10.0 addresses several issues that were present in the earlier versions. Regarding the sales and licensing information, contact our local Sales team who will help you in this regard.
Refer to the following technote which describes the upgrade procedure as well as the contact details for the sales team:

Upgrading from Backup Exec 7.x for Windows NT to Backup Exec 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/265163

In case you have any more queries on this, do revert to the forum.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

J_D_6
Level 2
Hi

Sorry for the late reply: To upgrade to v10 we would need to buy more v10 licenses etc..? or can we have a mix of v.8.6 main server and v10 as remote servers? I dont want to fork out any more cash. Can we still get 8.6 remote licenses?

Regards

James

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

All the questions regarding purchasing of licences, I request you to contact our Sales Team. Please refer to the following link mentioned below:

http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.