cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove permanently server from BackUp Exec list

akaki
Level 3

Hi,

In my backup exec 12 (ver-14). tryuing remove a server from the list in which never backed up anything. But after removing (right click & remove), that appear autometically after re open the Back up exec...Is this ned to remove from another option?

~r

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Make sure that you have deleted all the backup sets for the server that you want to delete

2) Uninstall the BE remote agent from the server that you want to delete

You should not refer to BE 2012 as BE 12 because BE 12 is an older version of BE.

akaki
Level 3

Ho PkH,

Thanks for quick reply. Attached 2 image here, in 2nd image 2 back up sets there which I cant delete directly and in 1st image the sets under D drive. So do I need to tloremove 1 by 1 snapshot?

Bk Sets 02.JPGBk Sets01.JPG

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If there are dependents then you cannot delete the backup sets. You got to wait for them to expire or delete the entire backup chain

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You mentioned in the beginning of the post - "tryuing remove a server from the list in which never backed up anything"

If this server wasn't backed up, then there shouldn't be any backup sets.

To prevent the server from reappearing in the Backup & Restore server list automatically, ensure

1) The Remote Agent service is either stopped or uninstalled from the remote server

2) Disable "Discover servers..." from BE button - Configuration & Settings - Backup Exec Settings - Discover data to back up.

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

also you can remove the backup exec server (name / IP/Certificate) from agent.