cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Agents and Options

28Tech
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a client with a reasonably complex network and am a little puzzled by the licencing requirements.

I have the Microsoft Essential Business Server suite running on 3 servers. I also have a seperate domain controller running terminal services.

All run Server 2008 x64.  Three are domain controllers, one with Exchange 2007.

I require bare metal disaster recovery for all four.  Daily file/folder backup on at least 3.  Granular recovery for exchange is required, however not for active directory.

Can anyone enlighten me as to specifically what agents I need.  I'm particularly interested in the process for bare metal disaster recovery.

Regards

Ben

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
You require the following licenses
1)Backup exec for windows (base license)
2)Agent for MS exchange 2007 ( you get one remtoe agent lincese along with this license)
3) 3 Remote agent for windows license

If you have te exchange running on one of the domaini contorller you would just require 2 remote agent license.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You mention Bare metal recovery

this can be done with BackupExec, but BESR (BackupExec System Recovery) is  Symantec's prefered solution for Bare Metal Restore

other than that, Rahul's response sounds right

see http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/317267.htm

LR
Level 2
I updated the driver and that got the communications between the drive and the software working but now when I run inventory it fails saying "incompatable media" it is the same media that has been in there I don't know what that means.