cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Credentials Fail on 2008 server

Rootman
Level 3

BE 12.5 running on Windows server 2008 X86 standard (physical Dell server).  I backup about a dozen servers (physical and virtual) and have no problems using the SAME credentials on all the rest.

Client is running Windows server 2008 X86 standard as a virtual server under ESX 4.0.  I want to back this up with the Windows cleint rather than the VMWare client.  We don't have the license to backup from VMWare anddon't intend to do it that way (yet).

BE 12.5 client is installed and publishing to the BE server. Credentials used are of a domain admin account, same acount works OK for other servers.  On the client the domain admins group is in the local administrator group.  I even went as far as to put the individual domain admin account into the local administrators group.  I try and choose the selection and I get a logon failure "Access is denied". 

I have logged into the server with the domain admin credentils sucesfully. I have even mapped a drive from the BE server to the guest using the domain admin credentials.

I've removed and reinstalled.the BE agent and it's still a NO GO.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTechie
Level 4
Employee Certified
2 REPLIES 2

SymTechie
Level 4
Employee Certified
Please try the steps in the document http://support.veritas.com/docs/316787

Rootman
Level 3

Yes, that fixed it.  However our domain administrators were unwilling to make this a global change on the domain, the same fix works at the LOCAL security policy level too.

Thank you for your hlp.