cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore email items from backup exec 2010 R2

EL_Khatouti
Level 4

Hi,

What is the right way to restore individual items or messages from Backup Exec 2010 R2? Is that recommended to use the wizard restore or not?

The Exchange Backup was completed successfully with GRT enabled.  But when i try te restore items via the Wizard and then click on "test the selected" it says: incorrect function. And that does not apply for SharePoint! when i restore individual items for SharePoint and also click on "test the selected" it says: successfully

- SharePoint 2010 is installed on the same server as  Media Server  

- Exchange server 2007 is a Domain Controller and have a remote agent installed.

Do I something wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Jamal

22 REPLIES 22

BHENTSCH-IT
Not applicable

I got almost the same problem as you and found some kind of workaround. When I want to restore a single msg with GRT, I let the whole process go until the "staging" process hang (that indicate the process ended). Then click "Cancel Job". In my case, it switchs the status of the task from "staging" to "restoring" and you email will be restored on the user mailbox.

Hope this help

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Did you ever come right here?

EL_Khatouti
Level 4

I have buyed the licenses for Backup Exec 2010 R2 and remote agent for exchange but the issue still not solved yet.

Jamal